Some Android users love to mod and tweak their device. For those who want to try a new firmware, they need to go through the process of rooting their phone and custom ROM installation. Before getting started with the process, you need to first unlock the device’s bootloader and install custom recovery and for that. In this in-depth guide, we share how to install ADB and fastboot on Windows.
What is ADB?
What is Fastboot?
Like ADB fastboot is also a part of SDK. Fastboot is a tool that can help you to reflash partition and image files on your device. In fastboot, system you can modify the file system images from a computer over a USB connection. Like recovery, you can also install updates and zip files from fastboot.
How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows
Setting up ADB and Fastboot is very easy. Since they both are part of the Android SDK package, all you need to do is download the kit and set up path variables, or you can use below methods to install ADB and fastboot driver on Windows. Before getting started, make sure that you enable USB debugging mode. Without doing this, your PC won’t recognize your device.
- Firstly, download ADB Installer setup provided by XDA. It not only installs ADB but it also installs fastboot and USB drivers within 15 seconds.
- Now run the Exe file adb-setup-1.3.exe.
- Now you see the on-screen command window, follow the instruction. Type ‘Y’ to install the ADB and fastboot driver.
- It will install the ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC and copied the required files to a particular location.
- Now type ‘Y’ again to install your device driver. It will take few seconds to install device drivers and after that, your command window will close automatically.
- Congrats you successfully install ADB and fastboot on Windows PC.
Install ADB and fastboot on Windows with Minimal ADB and Fastboot:
- Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup provided by XDA.
- Run the file minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1_setup.exe.
- Follow the wizard’s instructions and select where you would like to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Choose the location of the file and complete the setup by following the instruction.
- Now you successfully install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your Windows based PC.
- To check ADB and Fastboot is correctly configured on your PC go to the installation directory press and hold the shift key and press right click and launched the command prompt and type ‘adb devices’. It will show you the list of devices connected.
This was the easiest way to install ADB and fastboot on Windows PC. You can also check how to setup ADB and fastboot on Mac OS. Hope you find this guide useful. In case of any queries, do let us know in the comments section. We’ll be glad to help you out.