Every Android user who loves modding and tweaking their device, who wants to try different firmware’s, root their phone, install a custom ROM and kernel’s, first they need to unlock their bootloader and install custom recovery and for that, they need to install ADB and fastboot drivers. And in this guide, we help you to install ADB and fastboot drivers on Mac OS. The following are the 2 best methods to install ADB and Fastboot on Mac.
- Download the Android zip file and extract it on the desktop.
- Now Open Terminal on Mac PC by Pressing Command + Spacebar key combination to open Spotlight search and type ‘Terminal’ on that.
- Type ‘cd Desktop/Android’ on Terminal.
- Now select the file on Android folder, select file ADB-Install-Mac.sh file and drag it on Terminal and press Enter.
- It will ask for your password detail to proceed, enter your login password and it will install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS.
- You can see a message on Terminal ‘You may now run Android and Debug Bridge and Fastboot Command’ means you successfully setup ADB and fastboot on Mac OS.
Install ADB and fastboot driver on Mac OS with Nexus Tool:
- This method developed by XDA member @corbin052198 that install ADB and fastboot on Mac OS and Linux by typing a single command on terminal.
- Now type or copy the quoted code and paste it on Terminal “bash <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)“
- This command will setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS. According to the developer, this command also works on Linux and you can easily setup ADB and fastboot on Linux also.
- To uninstall ADB and fastboot from Mac type or copy the quoted code and paste “bash <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/uninstall.sh)“
- This command will uninstall ADB and Fastboot from Mac OS.
To check ADB and Fastboot is correctly configured on your PC and type ‘adb devices’ on the terminal. It will show you the list of devices connected. Also checked by going to the location ‘/usr/bin ‘ and if you can found ADB and fastboot files their means you successfully setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS.
These are the easiest way to install ADB and fastboot on Mac PC. You can also check how to setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows PC If you have any doubts, comment below. We’ll be glad to help you out